How can I increase website traffic? This question often comes up, and there are many answers to it. Below are ways that you can increase your website traffic without spending a fortune.
1. Quality content
- Write high quality content.
- Research keywords and phrases that are relevant to your business and target them in your content.
- Create compelling images that showcase your products or services.
- Use social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to reach out to potential customers and engage with them in an interactive way.
2. Fix your website’s broken links
If you want more visitors to your site, then you need to make sure it’s easy for them to find what they’re looking for. The best way to do this is by linking every single page of your website and checking that the links work. To check if the links are working, use Google Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools) or some other tool, like MXToolbox. If you notice broken links, fix them as soon as possible!
3. Create an email list
- Make sure your business has an e-mail list. You can start with your own contact list or purchase a mailing list from a reputable provider.
- Create compelling content that will draw people in, so they’ll want more information about what you have to offer.
- Schedule regular emails that provide relevant information about your products and services, as well as exclusive deals on items they may be interested in buying.
4. Run promotions
Promotions are one of the cheapest ways to drive traffic to your website. You can run promotions on social media, offer discounts, or do something different like create an interactive quiz. In order to maximize results, you’ll want to make sure your promotion is running at the right time and that it’s enticing enough for people to want to participate. Lastly, you’ll want to be able to measure the success of your promotion by utilizing analytics tools that will tell you how many people took part in the promotion and where they came from.
5. Use social media
The easiest and cheapest way to drive traffic to your website is by using social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Start by posting content using a social media calendar (check out how here) that is interesting and relevant to your audience on these platforms. Consider what you would post if you were talking with one of your friends. Avoid posting too much promotional content because people will start unfollowing or unfavoriting you. Add links in the posts so that viewers can find out more about the topic. When possible, ask followers questions or offer surveys as another way of drawing them in. You can also use hashtags on these platforms in order to get more people interested in your content.
6. Optimize your site with search engine optimizations
One of the easiest ways to drive traffic is through search engine optimization. First, optimize your site for the search engines by making sure that the site has enough content and fresh, relevant content. Second, use keywords throughout your page so that your page will show up when people are searching for these terms. Next, make sure that you have a clear call-to-action on each page. You should also include links within your site which lead back to other pages on your site or external sites with more information about what you are talking about in order to draw readers deeper into the topic.